22 Ocak 2012 Pazar

REVISED VERSION OF MY FIRST JOURNAL

                                                                Being a METU student

       I am studying at my dream university now. I studied so much to come to it. I spent my days and nights to reach it. Now that I am here I can reflect my first impressions on  METU…
      When I first entered the campus , I thought that this was a nice place. The campus is covered with trees.When you look at any spot,you are likely to find yourself in a nice area of METU. Besides the natural beauty ,METU  offers ring busses to the students. Although I don’t like the dogs walking around I like the nature surrounding us. Whenever I am bored I go for a walk.There are fitness centers for us too.
      Before coming to this university I had talked to two people who graduated from my department. They said that they liked the education and the teachers at this university. Now I can say the same things they said. I think the lessons are effective and informative,and  I like the listening parts of lessons most.
      In addition to good education , there are student clubs which appeal to every interest. We can join these  clubs. Thus we can develop our abilities and enjoy ourselves.I haven’t had a chance to join in these clubs yet.However,I am planning to participate in education club and book club.These two clubs’ activities are suitable for me.For example,education club makes visits to schools which have poor conditions,and they help the students there.

      As for the adaptation process ,  I can say that I am not having difficult times while getting used to living here. This is because of two things . Firstly ,  my family live in Konya and I go there nearly every weekend. If I said I miss them ,it would be unjust for my friends. Secondly , my aunt lives in Ankara ,and sometimes I go to her house. I am content with my dormitory too. My roommates are fine. We have a kitchen here. I cook everything I want there. We have access to internet. I watch tv serials. It’s fun.
      However,  sometimes I face challenges. As a quality of my personality I can’t socialize very easily. I am unable to find intimate friends.Nowadays it is getting better. I make new friends.I am trying to talk with everyone,and find the most suitable ones for me. Another challenge is that from time to time the lessons are not so interesting and they seem difficult too,yet I do not exaggerate this issue so much.I just study as much as I can,and wait for the feedbacks.
      Despite some challenges I think being a METU student has its own credit. We learn many things that are not properly taught by other universities. To illustrate,my friends studying at other universities say that their lessons are too superficial.In addition,teachers are knowledgeable at METU. In the lessons we learn a lot. After the graduation I hope I will be able to speak English fluently, learn a second language properly ,and go to different parts of the world. My biggest dream is to be a good academician. This university is a step for my goals and ambitions. I hope METU will help realize them.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder